Tuesday, 5 March 2013

Week 4


Today’s seminar took place at Goldsmiths Lift archives at New Cross. The group received different boxes with different archives. I had a look through the archives of The Dream Capsule and UBU Truth Commission. I found a certain artist that I became interested in. I found this photocopy of a newspaper page talking about this artist and the type of work he does. I particularly became interested in his acting methodology which according to the article was rigours. The actors in his theatre could not speak to each other and many left because of the tough rules. Now I could possibly investigate, if he was tough and unconventional indeed but...I’m not sure if this wold classify as performing the LIFT archive. The other archives I looked at ware documents from the Dream Capsule about the LIFT Festival 1995. These ware emails from the organizers to different staff members, also artist’s schedulers and timetable. I must admit that I was slightly confused by the archives and what is actually been asked of me, I mean what is my task?

No comments:

Post a Comment