Tuesday, 16 April 2013

Week 9


Today’s class was dedicated to rehearsing and then presenting work.

 Our group has focused today on certain details of our performance. The sheets that we are going to which will separate our world from the outside world and props we are going to bring. Each one of us is going to bring items relevant to our needs in the performance. The actions performed in the piece are relevant to each member of the group. By sharing that part of us that is personal to us we try and recreate the idea of personal but in the public. I am referring to the performers who lived and slept in the shop windows. To me it’s a juxtaposition of two opposites -public and private. The fact that we are leaving our phones on a table with a sigh saying - Play Me, to me it represents a part of me, my phone is a part of my life. By displaying it in the performance, I think that I am offering an insight in to my life. When participant open the phones it has our private videos on display. But the participant can easily browse through the phone messages and pictures if they wanted to. I’m just trying to highlight that it a conscious idea of choosing phones to play our videos as they are a private part of us which we display in public and by doing that with the participants/audience we sharing it in public.

No comments:

Post a Comment